The Innovation Fund will contribute to greenhouse gas reduction by:
- helping create the right financial incentives for new investments in the next generation of technologies needed for the EU’s low-carbon transition
- boosting growth and competitiveness by empowering companies with a first-mover advantage to become global clean technology leaders
- supporting innovative low-carbon technologies in all EU Member States, Iceland and Norway in taking off and reaching the market.
The Innovation Fund focuses on the following themes:
- innovative low-carbon technologies and processes in energy intensive industries (steel, cement, glass, chemicals, paper, etc.), including products substituting carbon intensive ones
- carbon capture and utilisation (CCU)
- construction and operation of carbon capture and storage (CCS)
- innovative renewable energy generation
- energy storage.
- The Innovation Fund focuses on highly innovative technologies and big flagship projects within Europe that can bring on significant emission reductions.
- The Innovation Fund supports cross-cutting projects on innovative low-carbon solutions that lead to emission reductions in multiple sectors, for example, through industrial symbiosis. The fund is open to small-scale projects (capital expenditure between 2.5 and 7.5 million euros) and large-scale projects (capital expenditure above 7.5 million euros).
- The Innovation Fund will support up to 60% of the additional capital and operational costs of large-scale projects and up to 60% of the capital costs of small-scale projects.
How can we help you?
PNO Chemistry’s consultants will be glad to inform you on the details of the Innovation Fund, provide you with advice and support you with your grant application. Please feel free to contact us.